Wireless Access Policy
The mission of the Kirtland Public Library is to provide access to materials in a variety of formats and technologies. The Library will provide a free Internet access point or ‘hot spot’ for users with portable computers or devices capable of receiving wireless signals.
- The access point will be available during normal Library business hours.
- The access point will allow users to access the Internet from their laptop computers or other wireless devices when sitting within range of the access point.
- The wireless access point will be shut down 15 minutes before the Library closes.
- Use of the access point is governed by the Library’s Internet Policy for Patrons.
- The Library cannot assist patrons with their laptops or configurations. The Library cannot accept the liability of handling patrons’ equipment.
- The Library is not liable for the consequences of wireless network use in any way, including the transmission of computer viruses, loss of data or e-mail, or any harm resulting from the use of an unsecured server.
- Computers and other devices connected to the Library’s wireless access point will be used for educational, informational, and recreational purposes only, not for unauthorized, illegal or unethical purposes.
- This policy covers any equipment used anywhere on the Library property.
- Reference staff will provide patrons with a basic instruction sheet and the wireless network name/password.
- Reference staff will verify that the Library’s connections are operational if a user has problems accessing the Internet via the wireless hot spot.
- Staff members are not permitted to provide direct assistance in configuring laptops.
- Printers are not available for wireless users.